A few ways you can give back to our community this holiday season
1. Donate your time or money to Feeding Medina County, a local nonprofit organization that works to feed families in need within our community. They organize food drives, deliver fresh and healthy food to needy families and seniors at no cost, grow a community garden that is harvested and given to Medina County residents and much more. With so many great programs and initiatives, the ways to become involved with Feeding Medina County are endless. For more information, visit feedingmedinacounty.org.
2. Volunteer with or donate to the United Way of Medina County. Their mission is simple–to improve the lives of people within our community by focusing their efforts on education, income stability and health. Volunteer opportunities are vast and include office support, baking, gardening, education and outreach, exercise instructor and much more. For more information, visit unitedwaymedina.org.
3. Become a volunteer tutor with Project LEARN of Medina County and help change lives by improving the literacy rate in our community. Project LEARN is a self-supporting organization that started years ago in a church basement. Since then, they’ve grown immensely and now provide free, one-on-one tutoring to adults in reading, math and English as a Second Language at four different locations within the county. For more information, visit projectlearnmedina.org
4. Donate your old toys to RePlay for Kids, a nonprofit organization that repairs, adapts and designs toys for children with disabilities so that they can learn through play and social interaction. They accept new or gently-used battery-operated toys at their toy drives and other organized events. You can also ship toys to RePlay for Kids at 600 W. Sturbridge Dr., Medina, OH 44256. For more information, visit replayforkids.org.
5. Donate to Kitten Krazy, Inc., a nonprofit charitable organization that cares for unwanted and homeless cats and kittens. Since their inception in 2004, they’ve placed over 3,000 cats in loving homes. Their wish list includes cleaning supplies such as paper towels and antibacterial hand sanitizer, new or used blankets, cat and kitten food, office supplies, litter pans, scoopable litter, cat toys and more. For more information, visit kittenkrazy.org.