These dog approved treats have been a hit in my house lately. I’m pretty sure my dog would choose these treats over human food. OK, maybe not. But I think it’d be pretty darn close. These peanut butter dog treats are so easy to make and don’t contain any unknown additives and processed ingredients that can be found in store bought treats. The key is to make them with all natural and organic peanut butter that contains no added salt or other additives. This ensures that the treats are free of unnecessary preservatives and keeps your pup healthier and happier.
- 2 cups rolled oats or quick oats
- 1/3 cup organic peanut butter with no additives or salt
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put oats in food processor and process until a flour-like consistency.
- Add peanut butter, banana and honey to food processor.
- Blend until a dough forms. Add a drop or two of water if mixture is dry.
- Place dough on clean surface and roll out until dough is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a knife or cookie cutter to cut dough into shapes and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Watch carefully so that bottoms do not burn.
- Leave to cool on the tray then transfer to an air tight container.