WHO: Dianne DePasquale-Hagerty, the Chief Executive Officer of Medina Creative Housing, is a Medina County resident that puts passion into every project she pursues.
Her favorite parts of summer:
• I really love the parks here. I frequent those to bike and walk. I live in Hinckley, so we have the Cleveland Metroparks Hinckley Reservation, and the rest of the county is speckled with parks that are part of the Medina County Park District. Medina County’s parks are such a treasure.
• Medina Creative Produce, one of the vocational programs of Medina Creative Housing, participates in the Farmers Market each weekend. We also provide lettuce and herbs to different restaurants, stores, and school districts in Medina County. I go to the Farmers Market every week. I help man the booth, shop at the market, and it’s a wonderful ammenity that Medina offers to its residents. It offers a wonderful selection, and it’s a social gathering place with entertainment as well. From a nonprofit standpoint, the market helps spread awareness and it takes care of the people in need in the community. That’s a special place to be.
• I really am looking forward to the state level of the Special Olympics in August. Equestrians from Medina Creative Therapy Ranch will be competing for the second year in a row. Last year we were hoping for at least one medal, since it was our first year, but our riders placed in every event they competed in. We are very excited to have nine riders competing this year. Each event has very specific rules and patterns, so our riders have to train pretty intensively to make sure they are prepared.
• I love to garden, and I think it is because of the hydroponic greenhouse we have at Medina Creative Produce. It has become a family activity.
• Even though the event has passed, I love the Medina Creative Housing Independence Walk. We host it every July to celebrate the independence that we help bring to the people we serve. We invited the community and the families we serve to hang out at Medina Creative Pet Play. I loved that I was able to spend time with my boys, Rocky and Apollo.
• I love getting involved in the community. I go to many events all year long to support Medina County nonprofits, and I try to be as involved as time allows. Medina County is a wonderful community, and it is an amazing place to be. If you are looking for a great way to spend your free time, I recommend getting involved with a local nonprofit.